National Guard Association of Georgia
Life Insurance Program
The Georgia Guard Insurance Trust sponsored by the National Guard Association of Georgia offers affordable Group Term Life Insurance to Georgia Guard Members and their families.
To simplify your payments the life insurance premium can be deducted from your drill check. Since the start of the life insurance program by your National Guard Association in 1984, the NGAGA insurance program has paid soldiers and family members over $14,000,000 in death benefits. The payment of this large sum of money is not pleasant but it affirms that your Association was there when it was needed. Additionally Death benefits are paid within 24 hours of notification.
The NGAGA Life Insurance Offers:
- Coverage up to $50,000
- Low Cost, $10,000 individual policy $4.00 per month
- $10,000 at no cost for one year for new Georgia Guard Members
- Payroll deductible from your drill pay
- Coverage may be continued even if you leave the Guard with less than 20 years service
- Coverage provided until age 65 (convertible to whole life)
- Full conversion privilege upon termination regardless of health
- Payable in event of death for any cause
- No war or suicide clause
- Death benefit paid within 24 hours of notification
- Your spouse and dependent children can be covered under this plan
For information about Life Insurance for Guard Members and their families or to sign up for the coverage contact the GGIT office.
(770) 739-9651 or (800) 229-1053.
Georgia Guard Insurance Trust
3 Central Plaza, #356
Rome, GA 30161
LtCol Elizabeth A. Baker, President NGAGA & GGIT
BG (GA-R) Marshall Kennemer, Administrator GGIT
BG (R) Tom Blackstock, NGAGA Executive Director
CMSgt (Ret.) David Morris, President EANGGA & Immediate Past Pres. GGIT
Maj Mandy Kirshke, President Elect NGAGA
COL Anthony Poole (2021)
Col. (Ret.) Edward I. Wexler (2021)
COL Alex McLemore (2022)
COL John Lowe (2023)
1SG (Ret.) Billy Atkinson
CSM (Ret.) James Dennis
1SG Meara Brown
CSM (Ret.) David Harper
SGM (Ret.) Jackie H. McKennie
BG (Ret.) Harold W. Carlisle
BrigGen (Ret.) Walter C. Corish, Jr.
LTC (Ret.) Charlie B. Neely
BrigGen (Ret.) Carl C. Poythress, Jr.
BG (Ret) Marshall Kennemer, Administrator
Ms Sue Daniell, Deputy Administrator
Ms Kim White, Deputy Administrator